Historian Patti Williamson
The theme this year is “Capturing those winning moments.” One of the definitions of “history” is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. Your Unit, District, and Division minutes are a written history, please copy and mail or email them to me for inclusion in this year’s Department History.
If you have a visit from President Marcia or another event captured in our Department history, please send me some notes either by mail or email.
Unit Histories will be due to the Districts by June 5th. The District winners and the District History need to be submitted to me by June 12th.
The National Programs Action Plan for Historians will not be available until after Convention. When the information is available, I will have it posted to our website.
The following Awards will be presented:
1. Pro Bowlers Plaque – Best Unit History
2. Ramona’s Indians Plaque – Best District History
3. Basketball Shooters Plaque – Best Division History
4. Rae Shaw’s Plaque – Best Junior History Class 1
5. Irene’s Lofton’s Eaglettes Plaque – Junior History Class 2
6. Dot’s Apple Dumplings Plaque – Best District Junior History
1. $10.00 Runner Up to the Pro Bowler Plaque
2. $10.00 Runner Up to Ramona’s Indians Plaque
3. $10.00 Runner Up to the Basketball Shooter’s Plaque
4. Citations to anybody submitting a history electronically.
So let’s use that Olympic torch and light a fire under our historians writing. It will be challenging to capture all of the golden moments and activities that occur throughout the Department this year!