Our theme for History this year will be “Preserve Our History One Activity at A Time”. One of the definitions of preserve is, keep something as it is specially to prevent it from decaying or being damaged or destroyed. Isn’t our Auxiliary’s history worth preserving? That is why it is so important to record all the events and highlights that your Units, Districts and Divisions are doing.
If you have a visit with President Deb or something you would like captured in our Department History, please send me notes by email, snail mail or even a phone call will work.
Unit Histories will be due to the Districts by June 5th. The Unit winners and the District Histories along with the Division Histories need to be submitted to me by June 12th.
The National Programs Action Plan for Historians will not be made available until after our National Convention. When the information is available, I will have it posted to our website.
The following Awards will be presented:
1. Pro-Bowlers Plaque - Best Unit History
2. Ramona’s Indians Plaque - Best District History
3. Basketball Shooters Plaque – Best Division History
4. Irene Lofton’s Eaglette’s Plaque – Best Junior History (awarded at Junior Conference)
5. Dot’s Apple Dumpling Gang – Best District Junior History (awarded at Junior Conference)
1. $10 and certificate to the Runner Up to the Pro Bowlers Plaque
2. $10 and certificate to the Runner Up to Ramona’s Indian Plaque
3. $10 and certificate to the Runner Up to the Basketball Shooters Plaque
4. A Citation to any Unit, District or Division for submitting an electric history (e-mail, flash drive or CD). Awarded to Seniors.
So, let’s grab those pens or laptops and get those histories written so that we can Preserve Our History One Activity at A Time.